Accepting flat rate deposits can help secure a partial payment and prevent unnecessary cancellations. Each module in your Online Reservation setting has it's own payment settings where it can be enabled or disabled and setup differently.
Let's review the options:
First, you'll find the payment settings tab located in Hello-Groom, Online Reservations, OLR settings and then inside your module (Grooming.) Click the Payment Settings tab.
**Please note that online payments require integrated credit card processing with Hello-Groom using our Tenerum processing. If you are not using this integration, you may contact click HERE to get signed up to take advantage of low rates, seamless payment processing and online deposits.
The first section, Payment Options, allows you to
- Leave it disabled by choosing no payment or deposit required.
- Use a flat rate only.
The second section, Messages, allows you to customize the message displayed on the payments screen such as "Deposits are non-refundable."
The third section, If there is a payment problem after the second attempt fails, allows you to
- Skip over the payment and send the appointment to pending appointments regardless of your approval settings where it would need to be approved manually by staff.
- Reject the appointment and do not allow the user to proceed to finish the booking.
The last section, in multi-pet appointments apply rate, allows you to
- Apply the rate per pet so it compounds for the number of pets in the booking.
- Apply per appointment only so it's the same deposit as one pet.
Once you have selected your settings, click Save Settings. The payment screen will now be enabled.
**Don't forget to click on "Pages to Display" tab and enable the "payment" screen so it's visible in the Online Reservation system. It will be applied as the last step on that specific module. (In this example below, I used boarding where you will only see Grooming.)