When sending emails from Live Access including appointment confirmations, sending signup links to clients and other, you have the option to use the MyKCApp.com email server OR use KC Desktop Email Confirmation settings. Since Live Access is a hybrid system (syncs with your KC desktop) many of you have your KC desktop software setup with your email account setting to send message and Live Access will use those same email settings to send. Even though the booking is made through Live Access, KC desktop will be the application that sends out your confirmation message. (Again, ONLY if you set your Live Access setting to use KC Desktop Email Confirmation settings.)
There may be sometimes where you receive this error in Live Access:
This will be displayed in the bottom right corner, and it may take 30 seconds or so of attempting to send before this message displays. If you are seeing delays when adding appointments in Live Access, watch for this error to appear as appointment creation should be instant or as fast as your Internet/browser/computer allows.
Here are some items to try if you see this error:
1. Since your email settings are in your KC desktop, if you have made ANY changes at all to your email settings and did not restart the KC Host service after, you may get this error. To correct this, simply log out of Live Access and open your KC desktop application. Click on Utilities, Live Access and choose the Restart option. Give it a minute or so as all computer speeds are different when restarting services. Then log back into Live Access and try again.
TIP: To test your email settings WITHOUT making another appointment in Live Access click User Tools > Send Company Email from the left-hand menu.
In the TO field enter one of your own email addresses so you can see if you receive the email.
In the Subject field, type anything you want such as "Test Email from LA"
In the body, type anything you want such as "Testing email from LA March 29th, 2022, at 4:45pm)
If it's still failing after step 1 above, AND you use a Gmail.com or Google Workspace paid email account, please see step 2 below. If you do NOT use a Gmail.com or Google Workspace email account for your email account in KC, please contact Support@KennelConnection.com
for assistance or call 888-486-4343, option 2.
2. Gmail account usage with Kennel Connection. If you're using Gmail.com email address OR a paid Google Workspace email account, and getting the above error, you may need to change your email settings in KC Desktop. Gmail has (as you can imagine) thousands of servers that send emails every second. Depending on what you have entered for your email settings, may depend on which servers your messages flow through and some servers do not allow certain content or unsolicited messages to be delivered. We have found this to be true when using port 465 with SSL. Changing this to port 587 with TLS resolves the issue.
- Log out of your Live Access account.
- Open your Kennel Connection desktop software.
- Navigate to File, Business Info, Email tab and you'll see your email settings there.
- Look at the Port and Security section. If you have 465 entered and the SSL check box ticked, change 465 to 587 and uncheck the SSL box and check the TLS box as shown here:
Click OK to save your new settings.
Now in order for these settings to be updated in Live Access, you must restart your KC Host Service. To do this, inside KC Desktop, Click Utilities, Live Access and choose the restart option. Give it a minute or so as all computer speeds are different when restarting services. Then log back into Live Access and try again. You can use the TIP above to test if the email sending now works. If it does, all aspects of email sending from Live Access will now function properly.