If you're experiencing any issues with the chip reader such as error messages on the device screen or inside Kennel Connection, slow processing or similar, you'll want to do the following:
1. Verify your Internet access is still available from your facility. Try accessing www.kennelconnection.com or any other web page from a web browser on a computer in your network. If success, proceed to next step. If no Internet connection, please contact your Internet service provider.
2. If you have stable Internet connection and still experiencing issues with your device/processing, please power cycle your chip readers.
Power cycle your device.
1. unplug the power cord (AC adapter)
2. while power is still unplugged, unplug the Ethernet Cable (Internet cable) from the CC device.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. plug the Ethernet cable (Internet cable) back in only.
5. Wait 30 seconds.
6. Plug the power cable (AC adapter) back in and let it boot back up until it shows "Ready".
Power cycle has finished. Please try processing another card.
3. If any of the above does not help, you may want to try power cycling your network equipment. This includes Modems, routers and switches. Normally it's best practice to unplug both modem and router if they are separate for 30 seconds. Then plug the modem back in first until all necessary lights are back on and flashing. Once modem is powered back on and connected, plug back in your router and allow some time for it to come back online with all necessary lights on and flashing. If you have a network switch that you unplugged, you can plug that in after everything else is back online.